Monday, March 7, 2011

Hello

So, I guess this is my first blog post, and I should introduce myself. I am The Skeptical Bunny, which obviously isn't my real name, but who really cares, right? I chose this name for myself because I am a skeptic, and I love bunnies. Odd how that works.

I'll talk about the bunnies first. I have, at present, 16 of them. Sixteen bunnies, two guinea pigs, two cats, and a new dog. I'll probably post photos at some point. All the buns are litter box trained. They live in my bedroom, in their own condos. Some of them I've raised by hand, some have been given to me by friends who can no longer take care of them for one reason or another, and some have been rescued from either the local animal shelter, or from a local pet supply store. During the day they're mostly free-range, and they generally get along pretty well. Occasionally they have little spats, but it never amounts to much, just some pulled fur. I love them all. Weird, I know. Maybe obsessive. I don't care. They keep me sane most of the time.

The skeptic thing will have to wait for another post. It's kind of a long story.

Now about me, personally: I am, at present, living in the family home with my mother and my younger brother. Yes, I am over 40, so it's somewhat strange, but once again, I don't care. We have always been a close family, with a big sense of duty to each other. My father died some years ago, and my brother and I both promised him that we would take care of our mother, and that's what we're doing. Mom has Parkinson disease (PD) and associated dementia, which sucks mightily. She is on hospice care; we don't know how much longer she'll be around. Once again, this will have to wait for another post, because I have very strong feelings about this.

I guess that will have to be it for now. Feel free to contact me, and I hope you enjoy my stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment